IT Support Services Provide Backup and Disaster Recovery
No matter what size your business is, what industry you’re in, or where you’re located, having an effective back-up and disaster recovery solution is necessary. Having a poor backup strategy could leave your data vulnerable to accidental deletions, malicious attacks, or even natural disasters. Your IT support services can help you in understanding the significance of backup and disaster recovery (BDR) and implement a strategy for your business, to make sure you’ve got a plan in place so your data is never permanently lost.
Loosing data permanently can have devastating consequences including productivity disruptions, loss of customer trust, and regulatory penalties which can cost millions of dollars.
Making sure that you have IT support services to set you up with a good BDR strategy is an important step for any business. Let’s take a look at how backup and disaster recovery is significant to the following industries:
When data loss happens in the healthcare industry, there can be severe complications including:
- A life-saving surgery could get delayed or denied if a patient’s health records are lost.
- A hospital cannot process payments if any billing records go missing.
- Hospitals who carelessly handle data will incur significant fines from regulatory bodies like HIPAA. These penalties can cost anywhere between $100 to $50,000 for an individual violation, or even up to $1.5 million per year of continued negligence.
In 2020, the healthcare industry took the most hits from cyberattacks. Backup and disaster recovery solutions are critical for the healthcare industry.
For any financial institution, BDR strategy plays an important role for their survival and growth. Financial institutions are required to comply with regulations put forward by:
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and other regulatory agencies.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other international regulators.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Each of these authorities in the financial industry include a backup and disaster recovery solution as a mandatory requirement.
Don’t have a BDR Solution? TechSeven Partners Can Help
It is vital for your business that you avoid data loss at any cost. Whether you’re in healthcare, finance, or any other industry, having IT Support Services to provide and maintain a BDR Solution for you will protect you from ever losing control of critical data. Tech Seven offers many services including effective backup and disaster recovery solutions that will fit your needs and protect your data from getting lost. Call today to learn more about backup and disaster recovery solutions from TechSeven Partners.