As a business, embracing technology can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, we need it to be efficient and competitive, but, the more we rely on it, the more we are at its mercy. One way this rings true is with digital files. We live in an era of “paperless” and “virtual”, meaning most of the data we collect is stored digitally. To the “technically challenged” like me, this can seem limiting and vulnerable, but services like Microsoft OneDrive (part of Microsoft 365 suite) are making data and files more accessible than ever. OneDrive provides a solution to create, share, store, and collaborate in the cloud from anywhere you have access to a computer.
Check out this one minute video and read on to see how OneDrive has changed the way TechSeven does business.
At TechSeven, organization is a must as our team is often in multiple locations throughout the day. OneDrive has changed the way we operate internally allowing us to be more efficient and effective in the field. Here are a few specific ways we use OneDrive.
- Training on the Go – We keep all technical training documents on OneDrive so our team can access them in the field using their phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Meeting Notes – Weekly team meetings are more effective now that each team member can view the notes following the meeting. We have a section called “next steps” which are tasks assigned to team members for that week. Now staff can access the notes and “next steps” section with ease.
- HR made Simple – We maintain all TechSeven handbooks and blank HR forms such as mileage logs & PTO forms in OneDrive so they are available to the entire team and updated in real-time.
- Accountant’s Dream – Receipts can be a nightmare when handed to you randomly throughout the week. Our team captures an image of the receipt using an app (Scanner Pro) on their phone and then saves a copy to a file in OneDrive using the Microsoft app making it easy to manage and keep track of company receipts and reimbursements.
- Creative Collaboration – Ever have an idea and forget to write it down? Or worse, forget where you wrote it down? We have an area for ideas and brain-storming which can be accessed and altered by anyone on our team. Even this blog was accessed by a minimum of three team members who had a hand in writing and editing this work in real time.
To sum it up, we are big fans of Microsoft OneDrive. It has definitely increased productivity and enhanced team communication in our business. Contact us if you need more information on how it can help you.